Roof on building in Cache County collapses for second time in a month
Apr 7, 2023, 5:00 AM
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — A roof collapsed on the Rising Ridge Recovery Center Thursday in Cache County, according to the Wellsville Fire Department.
This is the second time in a month the roof has collapsed at the facility. Last month, a portion of the roof collapsed over the pool. On Thursday, the roof collapsed in the main lobby.
According to Wellsville Fire Chief Jerald Leishman, there were people on the roof trying to clear the snow when the incident happened around 3 p.m.
Additionally, the facility had been evacuated earlier in the day so there were no injuries associated with Thursday’s collapse.
- What to know about roof collapses caused by snow, tips from a safety expert
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart