Rescue Mission of Salt Lake to host Easter banquet for homeless community
Apr 8, 2023, 10:00 AM | Updated: Jan 5, 2024, 1:13 pm
(Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — This morning from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Rise-Renew-Rejoice Easter Banquet is taking place at Pioneer Park in Salt Lake City.
Rescue Mission of Salt Lake hosts the annual banquet to give back to the homeless community in SLC.
“Eight homeless men and Dennis Dickerson, Director of Community Relations at the Rescue Mission of Salt Lake, spend over four hours clearing snow off several acres of grass at Pioneer Park so homeless and low-income children, families and individuals can celebrate Easter one day early,” a release from the Executive Director read.
Featured activities include:
- Egg Hunt at noon.
- A loving and caring community for our homeless friends
- Hickory Smoked Rub and Sweet Baby Rays BBQ chicken picnic meal with all the trimmings.
- Live Music
- Free haircuts – by Taylor Andrews Hair Academy
- Children’s carnival games and activities
- Job placement referrals
- Recovery program placement and referrals
- Housing referrals
- Free clothing
- Nail painting
- Rescue Mission and Local Churches provide prayer and spiritual encouragement.
- Letters Home to encourage renewal of relationships with family members.
- Clothing – thousands of items
- Other Side Village will break ground on housing village to help homeless
- SLC leaders deny offering money to hide homeless for All-star weekend