Sunburst Elementary lockdown lifted
Apr 10, 2023, 1:59 PM | Updated: 2:52 pm
(Photo Credit: Shutterstock)
LAYTON, Utah — According to police, Sunburst Elementary in the Davis District was placed on lockdown this afternoon, but has since been lifted and everyone is safe.
The school is located in Layton, at 2504 W. Sunburst Drive, 84041.
Lieutenant Travis Lyman with the Layton Police Department said they received a call saying someone heard gunshots and that is why the school went into lockdown.
Furthermore, he told KSL Newsradio that although police didn’t see an immediate threat, they took the precaution of locking down the school to investigate.
Students are now able to enter the school.
- Murray High School placed on brief lockdown, police give all-clear
- Elementary student describes lockdown horror at Virginia school where police say a 6-year-old shot a teacher
- Shooting sends Mall of America into lockdown, police say
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart