SCIENCE + TECHNOLOGY
Would you take an anti-aging pill to live forever?
Apr 11, 2023, 7:30 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — An anti-aging pill could make its way to pharmacies within the next five years. Would you take it?
According to Andrew Steele the author of Ageless: The new science of getting older without getting old the possibility of immortality is getting closer.
Dave and Dujanovic hosts Debbie Dujanovic and Dave Noriega discussed the probable anti-aging pill Tuesday.
Dujanovic said she read an article related to the book.
“So when I read this, I took it as … you’ll feel more vibrant (and) you’ll feel more alive,” Dujanovic said. “Tasks that you just like, ‘Oh, I just don’t have the energy to do it,’ you suddenly have a ton of energy.”
According to Dujanovic, the article said existing medications, such as Metaformin, could be “retooled” to be anti-aging pills. She goes on saying the idea of this scares her just a bit.
“Yeah, I don’t know because I’m not diabetic. I don’t need [Metaformin],” she said. “I mean, I’ve got other ailments that I deal with, but I’m not diabetic. So do I want to be going down that avenue just so I can live longer?”
Noriega responds by saying there is “probably” more medications like this than the average person may realize.
“Think of testosterone therapy or performance enhancing drugs,” he said. “There’s already medications or drugs on the market that will make you feel younger longer. Now, are there side effects? I don’t know, I’m not a doctor. But, there’s no doubt that if you’re in your forties or fifties and then you’re on testosterone therapy, you’re gonna feel different than a normal 40 or 50 year old.”
Noriega said Silicon Valley has invested “billions and billions” into researching an anti-aging pill. He noted that Jeff Bezos invested $3 billion into a life extension startup.
Dave & Dujanovic can be heard on weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Parts of Utah experiencing a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City