EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Park City schools under investigation for racial harassment claims
Apr 25, 2023, 11:00 AM | Updated: 12:09 pm
PARK CITY, Utah — The Office for Civil Rights is conducting a federal investigation into 20 racial harassment claims at schools across the state. The list added two Park City schools this week —Treasure Mountain Middle School and Park City High School.
The office handles complaints and reports of civil rights law violations in public schools. Park City High School is already on the OCR’s radar. They have been under investigation for sexual harassment claims since March.
The investigation began last February after a parent formally complained about racist and anti-Semitic incidents at Ecker Hill Middle School. Since then, complaints have grown in the Park City School District.
Additionally, the office is investigating reports from the Alpine, Salt Lake City, Nebo, Canyons and Jordan School Districts.
- Lawmakers approve bill inspired by Izzy Tichenor to track who gets bullied at school
- Park City School District facing criminal accusations of failure to report child abuse
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart