CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Truck accidentally put in neutral kills one and injures another
May 7, 2023, 11:00 AM
SANTAQUIN, Utah — A father was killed and a grandmother was injured Saturday afternoon when a 5-year-old accidentally put a truck in neutral, causing it to roll over them.
Sgt. Mike Wall with the Santaquin Police Department says the gear selector was “apparently” broken.
“(The 5-year-old) gets in there, pulls on it, the gearing comes down … The truck is able to roll and rolls over the 47-year-old grandma and the 23-year-old dad of the young child,” he says.
According to Wall, the grandmother was flown to the hospital with serious injuries. Crews performed life saving efforts on the boy’s father but he did not survive.
The grandmother’s condition is not know at this time.
Devin Oldroyd contributed to this story.
- Semi catches on fire at Maverik store in Santaquin
- Construction worker stuck waist-deep in trench after worksite accident
- One person is dead after auto-pedestrian accident in Murray
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Prominent Park City man killed in snowmobile accident
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart