OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Sundance hosting weekend Mother’s Day event
May 10, 2023, 3:43 PM
(Sundance Mountain Resort)
SUNDANCE, Utah — It’s the best of both worlds at Sundance Mountain Resort this weekend as they combine skiing with summer activities.
On Tuesday, Sundance announced it will host a special Mother’s Day event this weekend. It includes zip tours, dining, and scenic lift rides on the front part of the mountain, with spring skiing on the back.
“At the base, the snow is finally melting out. So it’s definitely starting to look like spring at the base, “said Blain Wilkey, vice president of marketing at Sundance.
“But then on the back mountain, we still have enough snow to ski on this one last time.”
A resort spokesman said that, for safety reasons, skiing and snowboarding will be limited to intermediate and advanced riders only.
Wilkey said they will complete their lift maintenance this week, allowing them to open for this weekend’s summer preview.
Unlike other Utah resorts, Sundance will be opening for summer activities around the same time they do every year.
“Mountain biking will be a little bit delayed into June, just because we’ve got to let the snow all melt out. But the rest of our summer season kicks off May 26th,” Wilkey said.
The Mother’s Day event takes place Saturday and Sunday.
- Things to know when visiting Zion National Park
- Hughes: For safety’s sake, broaden your horizons for spring camping
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lake Powell bounces back from record-low water levels
- Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes
- Utah Highway Patrol warns of scam callers pretending to be troopers
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Lori Daybell’s defense team files for new murder trial