CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD investigating suspious death, seeks public’s assistance
May 14, 2023, 3:00 PM
(May 14, 2023)
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police say a body found Sunday morning in downtown is considered to be a suspicious death.
Police were called to the area of 536 S. 200 West just after 11 a.m. Once on scene, officers confirmed the individual, who was found in a field, to be deceased.
Information on the victim is being withheld until the next of kin is notified. However, police say, at this point, there is no threat to the community.
The cause of death will be determined by the Office of the Medical Examiner.
Additionally, law enforcement personnel are seeking the public’s assistance in this case. If you have information regarding this case, you are asked to call 801-799-3000.
- Salt Lake City police investigating possible road rage incident
- Bank robbery suspect taken into custody by Salt Lake City police
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Years before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan sank a US warship in China
- All-abilities playground gets grand opening in Draper
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates