CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Police seize 1.5 pounds of meth following arrest in Salt Lake City
May 19, 2023, 6:30 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police say a 48-year-old man was arrested earlier this week for allegedly being in possession of more than a pound of methamphetamine.
On Monday, May 16, SLCPD received a call about a suspicious vehicle in the area of 820 S. Pueblo Street around 1 a.m.
According to the release, officers found the driver asleep behind the wheel. The driver has been identified as Feteleni Sekona.
Sekona was safely taken into custody.
During the police investigation, law enforcement personnel found 1.5 pounds of methamphetamine as well as drug paraphrenia. Additionally, police determined the vehicle that the suspect was in to have been stolen.
He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, possession of paraphernalia. In addition, the suspect was also booked for investigation of receiving stolen property and a warrant out of California for robbery.
- Salt Lake City Police take serial theft suspect into custody
- Bank robbery suspect taken into custody by Salt Lake City police
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lake Powell bounces back from record-low water levels
- Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes
- Utah Highway Patrol warns of scam callers pretending to be troopers
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Lori Daybell’s defense team files for new murder trial