Small plane crashes into Spanish Fork Airport hangar, no injuries
May 21, 2023, 2:44 PM
(Spanish Fork Police, Fire & EMS Twitter)
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A small plane crashed into a hangar at the Spanish Fork Airport Sunday afternoon.
According to Nick Porter with Spanish Fork City, the crash took place shortly after 12:40 p.m.
The Spanish Fork Police Department and Fire & EMS both responded to the crash.
— Spanish Fork Police, Fire & EMS (@SpanishForkPDFE) May 21, 2023
According to a press release, the two occupants of the small plane were able to get off the roof of the hanger themselves. Following this, they were treated for minor scrapes and released in good condition.
A witness said, according to the press release, shortly after takeoff the plane came to rest on top of a hangar after clipping the hangar’s roof just to the south of the runway. The cause of the crash is currently under investigation.
Mark Jackson contributed to this article.
- Plane crash in Morgan County Saturday, no injuries
- Plane crash near Stagecoach, Nevada left five dead
- Fatal accident closes east and westbound Highway 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon
- Water main break in Spanish Fork floods seven homes
- Police renew warnings to stay away from fast-moving rivers after Spanish Fork close call