Funeral service being held for KSL legend Dick Nourse
May 25, 2023, 7:47 AM | Updated: May 26, 2023, 12:57 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — The KSL family and the television news industry lost a legend last week when longtime anchorman Dick Nourse passed away at the age of 83; now, his funeral has been announced.
From his first newscast in 1964 until his last in 2007, Dick became the trusted voice of KSL 5 News for 43 years. He was also a three-time cancer survivor.
Funeral services for Dick Nourse will be held Friday at 1 p.m. in the Southgate 2nd Ward Chapel, located at 1068 W. Chandler Drive in St. George.
A live stream of the service can be viewed here with the passcode 52952. A visitation will be held Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the same church.
Read more about the legendary career and life of Dick Nourse here.
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Utah trivia: fun facts from 125 years
- Post Malone is the latest star to call Cottonwood Heights his home
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful