Chaffetz telling colleagues he’s headed to Fox News, report says
A Utah congressman who has already said he might not finish his term is reportedly interested in taking on a significant role at Fox news.
A monthly magazine called the Washingtonian says Jason Chaffetz has been telling people that he will take on a substantial role in on-air talent at Fox.
The magazine says they talked with two GOP lawmakers and four senior house Republican aides, and the word is that Chaffetz will be on-air at Fox news channel as early as July.
Political experts had talked about that possibility from the day last month that Chaffetz announced he would not seek reelection.
Chaffetz told KSL last month he wanted to go in a different direction after being away from his family for so long, and he planned to return to the private sector; perhaps even leaving his term early.
No comment yet from his office or from Fox news.
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]