Update: Bountiful teen found safe
BOUNTIFUL — Police say they are relieved a 13-year-old girl was found safe this morning.
Kayla Leatherman had not been seen since after school yesterday.
Bountiful assistant police chief Ed Biehler says her parents found her at 7 AM walking on Orchard Drive.
There was concern because the teen’s parents discovered she had been chatting or texting with an older man in Idaho.
“When they found out about this relationship with this adult, they confronted her about that, and took her phone from her. That’s how we had some of the information we had last night, because we had possession of her phone,” said Biehler.
Investigators determined that the girl was not with the Idaho man, and they say no charges will be filed.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July