UPDATE: Kidnapped woman found, suspect still at large
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are still looking for a man accused of kidnapping a 24-year-old woman at gunpoint on Wednesday and later found.
Police say Samantha June Medina was taken from her apartment and forced into a vehicle Wednesday morning.
After Medina was found later that night, police said the man accused of taking her, 32-year-old Victor Gabino-Perez, was still at large and should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police say he fired at least one shot into the apartment at 75 South Post Street (940 West) just after 8:30 Wednesday morning, prompting a standoff.
Detective Greg Wilking says Medina was in good condition at a local hospital, but he did not offer other details about how she was found. They are looking for a white or gray 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, license plate E58 5NB. Please call Salt Lake Police at 801 799-3000 if you see the car or suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you