Memorial Day travel starts with a semi-tanker rollover
TOOELE — A tanker traveling South on SR-36 in Tooele went through an intersection with a yellow light. A car turning left from the opposite direction thought the tanker would stop — it didn’t. The tanker swerved to avoid the left-turning, white Prius, lost control, and rolled, shutting down a lane of travel just as the busy holiday weekend travel got underway.
KSL Photojournalist, Derek Peterson, was sitting behind the semi when the crash occurred and captured this video.
Peterson says police asked him to leave the area as fluid was leaking from the tanker. No homes or businesses were evacuated and no injuries reported.
Delays stacked up through Tooele, Stansbury Park and Erda for hours as clean up continued through the afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake