Police capture suspect in multiple robberies
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A Cottonwood Heights police officer was at Dan’s Supermarket on 23rd East buying donuts Saturday morning when he recognized a suspect in a series of robberies. Lieutenant Mark Askerlund says the man was dressed in a hoodie with the hood pulled tight around his face and may have been about to commit another robbery. The officer who spotted him went to his car to call for backup and officers were able to take the suspect into custody without trouble.
Askerlund says the suspect, 19-year-old Zane James, is believed to be responsible for a series of robberies at Subway, Game Stop, World Market and other businesses in Cottonwood Heights. The last one occurred on Friday afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Crash in Vernon closes Highway 36