16-year-old boy dead in West Valley City shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say a teenage boy is dead after a shooting in a West Valley City neighborhood Tuesday evening.
Authorities believe the death may be gang-related, said West Valley Police Department spokeswoman Roxanne Vainuku.
Neighbors near the home on Thayn Drive heard arguing and threatened to call police after they saw a group fighting in street, Vainuku said. Gunshots were heard and suspects in two cars drove away.
Police were speaking with witnesses and collecting evidence, Vainuku said. Officers don’t believe the alleged shooter is a threat to the greater public.
— Annie Knox, Deseret News and Brianna Bodily, KSL Newsradio
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help