16-year-old boy dead in West Valley City shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say a teenage boy is dead after a shooting in a West Valley City neighborhood Tuesday evening.
Authorities believe the death may be gang-related, said West Valley Police Department spokeswoman Roxanne Vainuku.
Neighbors near the home on Thayn Drive heard arguing and threatened to call police after they saw a group fighting in street, Vainuku said. Gunshots were heard and suspects in two cars drove away.
Police were speaking with witnesses and collecting evidence, Vainuku said. Officers don’t believe the alleged shooter is a threat to the greater public.
— Annie Knox, Deseret News and Brianna Bodily, KSL Newsradio
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field