One “person of interest” found in West Jordan shooting
WEST JORDAN – Residents who live near the corner of 7800 South and 3800 West say they heard four or five gunshots just before 11 this morning.
One man, who wants to stay anonymous, says the shooting didn’t stop there.
He says, “About two minutes later, I heard four or five more shots.”
That man says it was obvious the victim was severely hurt, with several gunshot wounds in the torso.
“The cop was rolling him over, trying to figure out where he had been hit. You could see about that many shots in him.”
At first, police didn’t have a suspect description. However, they were told about a possible suspect vehicle seen in the area.
West Jordan Police Sergeant Joe Monson says, “It was a silver Dodge or Chrysler passenger car with racing stripes.”
Soon after, a silver Dodge Magnum was found and a person of interest was taken in for questioning. Officers are looking for one more person, but they’re not releasing the names of the people involved, yet.
Nearby Columbia Elementary School was put on “lockout” as a precaution.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead at 79
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples