Jason Chaffetz wants to see Comey docs
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Former FBI Director James Comey will face questions this week about investigating possible Russian ties to the 2016 presidential election, and whether President Donald Trump asked him to stop.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah and head of the House Oversight Committee, is talking about what he wants to see and hear from Comey Thursday. The congressman told Fox News he wants to hear Comey’s story, but believes the former FBI chief may try to dodge questions in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
“I worry that what he’s going to say is he’s going to go back to the tried and true, ‘This is classified material and I can’t talk about it under this setting.’ That’s the worry,” said Chaffetz.
He wants to see the documents, notes and memos Comey has reportedly taken of meetings over the years. He also tells the network he’d like the chance to question Comey again with his own House Oversight Committee.
Comey’s testimony on Thursday will air in full on KSL Newsradio, which you can stream live at kslnewsradio.com or via our app.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered