Jason Chaffetz wants to see Comey docs
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Former FBI Director James Comey will face questions this week about investigating possible Russian ties to the 2016 presidential election, and whether President Donald Trump asked him to stop.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah and head of the House Oversight Committee, is talking about what he wants to see and hear from Comey Thursday. The congressman told Fox News he wants to hear Comey’s story, but believes the former FBI chief may try to dodge questions in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
“I worry that what he’s going to say is he’s going to go back to the tried and true, ‘This is classified material and I can’t talk about it under this setting.’ That’s the worry,” said Chaffetz.
He wants to see the documents, notes and memos Comey has reportedly taken of meetings over the years. He also tells the network he’d like the chance to question Comey again with his own House Oversight Committee.
Comey’s testimony on Thursday will air in full on KSL Newsradio, which you can stream live at kslnewsradio.com or via our app.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Sacheen Littlefeather, Native American activist and actress, dead at 75