Excitement building for giant flag
PLEASANT GROVE — The largest American flag that has ever flown is coming to Pleasant Grove for the fourth of July.
Organizers have done this before with large flags, but they say they want to reach more people and touch more lives.
This flag is more than a quarter-acre in size. It is being hand made by Colonial Flag in Sandy. They laid it out at the South Towne Expo Center last week and the Candy Bomber, Col. Gail Halvorson, helped stitch on a star.
On the morning of July 4, they’ll carry it up to Grove Creek trailhead, shoot a line on an arrow across the canyon and then pull the flag across that line so everyone can see it.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday