Excitement building for giant flag
PLEASANT GROVE — The largest American flag that has ever flown is coming to Pleasant Grove for the fourth of July.
Organizers have done this before with large flags, but they say they want to reach more people and touch more lives.
This flag is more than a quarter-acre in size. It is being hand made by Colonial Flag in Sandy. They laid it out at the South Towne Expo Center last week and the Candy Bomber, Col. Gail Halvorson, helped stitch on a star.
On the morning of July 4, they’ll carry it up to Grove Creek trailhead, shoot a line on an arrow across the canyon and then pull the flag across that line so everyone can see it.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered