Sandy shooting witness: “I can’t believe he didn’t shoot me”
SANDY — A man who witnessed a deadly shooting near an elementary school is now talking about what he saw.
Will May saw an injured woman in the road and thought it was a bad car crash. He is CPR trained so he rushed over, and saw a man all in black. It was Jeremy Patterson.
“He wouldn’t look at me. And he looked a little dazed. And I kept trying to talk with him and he wouldn’t answer. So I put my attention on the woman who we could possibly save,” said May.
He bent over the victim on the ground and says when he stood back up a gun went off.
He thought someone was shooting at them so he ran. It was Patterson taking his own life.
Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681586/Man-who-rushed-toward-murder-suicide-scene-describes-encounter-with-killer.html
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook