Sandy shooting witness: “I can’t believe he didn’t shoot me”
SANDY — A man who witnessed a deadly shooting near an elementary school is now talking about what he saw.
Will May saw an injured woman in the road and thought it was a bad car crash. He is CPR trained so he rushed over, and saw a man all in black. It was Jeremy Patterson.
“He wouldn’t look at me. And he looked a little dazed. And I kept trying to talk with him and he wouldn’t answer. So I put my attention on the woman who we could possibly save,” said May.
He bent over the victim on the ground and says when he stood back up a gun went off.
He thought someone was shooting at them so he ran. It was Patterson taking his own life.
Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681586/Man-who-rushed-toward-murder-suicide-scene-describes-encounter-with-killer.html
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses