Child Drowns in Spanish Oaks reservoir
A five-year-old boy who’d been camping at the Spanish Oaks reservoir with his family drowned Saturday afternoon. Sgt. Chris Sheriff with the Spanish Fork police department says searchers looked for the boy for more than half an hour after he was reported missing before a couple of bystanders spotted him.
“He was found under the water just off the main beach area,” Sheriff told KSL Newsradio. “One found him and the other helped to bring the body up.” Emergency crews rushed the boy to Mountain View hospital, where they had plans to fly him to a trauma center. But by then, Sheriff said the boy had passed away.
The boy’s family is from out of state. They had been participating in a family reunion at the reservoir, which is a community fishing and camping spot in Spanish Fork.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”300″ style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”allowtransparency” scrolling=”no” src=”//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/6005243-child-drowns-in-spanish-fork-reservoir/embed/v4?eid=AQAAAMmmPFn7oVsA” title=”audioBoom player”></iframe>
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead