Child Drowns in Spanish Oaks reservoir
A five-year-old boy who’d been camping at the Spanish Oaks reservoir with his family drowned Saturday afternoon. Sgt. Chris Sheriff with the Spanish Fork police department says searchers looked for the boy for more than half an hour after he was reported missing before a couple of bystanders spotted him.
“He was found under the water just off the main beach area,” Sheriff told KSL Newsradio. “One found him and the other helped to bring the body up.” Emergency crews rushed the boy to Mountain View hospital, where they had plans to fly him to a trauma center. But by then, Sheriff said the boy had passed away.
The boy’s family is from out of state. They had been participating in a family reunion at the reservoir, which is a community fishing and camping spot in Spanish Fork.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”300″ style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”allowtransparency” scrolling=”no” src=”//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/6005243-child-drowns-in-spanish-fork-reservoir/embed/v4?eid=AQAAAMmmPFn7oVsA” title=”audioBoom player”></iframe>
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter