Ogden Canyon closes Monday for repaving
OGDEN — Big delays are coming to Ogden Canyon next Monday, as the Utah Department of Transportation warns they plan to close down the highway for repaving.
UDOT region one spokesperson, Vic Saunders, said about three years ago Ogden City dug water trenches under the highway. Those trenches are now sinking, and UDOT wants to level out the pavement.
“That project could take several days if we did it the way we normally do,” Saunders said, “What we want to do instead is close it entirely on Monday.”
That means from five A.M. to four P.M. the highway will only be open to resident of the canyon. Saunders suggests everyone else use Trapper’s Loops as an alternate route.
Learn more in the audio story below:
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Utah, Salt Lake leaders unveil new plans to improve the struggling Great Salt Lake
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays