Salt Lake City-area Imam stuck in Kenya on visa hold
SALT LAKE CITY — A group of Utah lawyers is working to try and bring a Utah man back to the United States from Kenya.
Refugee Justice League co-founder Jim McConkie says the man is a Muslim Imam in the Salt Lake City area.
“I’ve been out to his mosque two or three times, I know him personally, and this was just a shock,” said McConkie.
McConkie says Yussuf Awadir left Kenya as a refugee but is an American citizen. He went back to get his wife and children and was stopped from getting on a flight Wednesday night.
Today’s Top Stories
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Time Out on the Field
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula