SALT LAKE COUNTY – If your weekend plans included a drive between Salt Lake County and Park City, you’ll need to plan a little extra time for your ride.
Last weekend, the westbound lanes of I-80 were closed near the mouth of Parley’s Canyon. This weekend, the eastbound lanes will be shut down between 2300 East and Foothill. UDOT Spokesman John Gleason says, “We’re breaking up the concrete and laying down a new layer of asphalt.” This will make the freeway smoother, as well as extending the life of the freeway.
However, Gleason says they know this will be inconvenient. “When we’re taking traffic from the three lanes on I-80 and putting it onto the I-215 East ramp, which is just one lane, that’s where we could see a bottleneck this weekend,” he explains. He says drivers will be taken off I-80 and sent to 3300 South. After that, they can hop on to I-215’s east side, then reconnect to I-80.
They’re recommending people completely avoid that part of the freeway, but, he knows that’s not an option for all drivers. “If you have to drive on I-80, just give yourself some extra time. We’re anticipating, at its worst, it could take 30 minutes. We could see 30 minute delays there.”
(Photo Credit: Adobe Stock)
Today’s Top Stories
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Utah Tech recommended as new name for Dixie State
- Spanx employees given $10,000 and two first-class plane tickets
- Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
- Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
- Investigators confused Brian Laundrie’s mother for him while watching their home,…
- Utah update: 2,000 new cases of COVID-19
- What will a Covid-19 vaccine for younger kids mean? An expert weighs in
- Intermountain Healthcare vaccine requirement
- Overdue Colorado hiker ignores calls from rescuers thinking they were scammers