Man drowns in Farmington Pond
FARMINGTON — A 23-year-old man is dead after drowning in a pond.
The Davis County Sheriff’s office says he was with a group swinging on a rope swing around 9:30 Tuesday night.
They say he entered the water, struggled, then didn’t resurface. The group tried to help him, but couldn’t get him out of the water.
Authorities say the water is extremely cold and it may have contributed to his death.
“That’s what is so deceiving about these ponds right now – the top can be warm, and you go down just a little ways and you’re back into that liquid ice again. And it’s shocking to the system,” said Davis County Sheriff Todd Richardson.
Dive teams from Salt Lake City and Davis County recovered his body just before midnight.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…