Man drowns in Farmington Pond
FARMINGTON — A 23-year-old man is dead after drowning in a pond.
The Davis County Sheriff’s office says he was with a group swinging on a rope swing around 9:30 Tuesday night.
They say he entered the water, struggled, then didn’t resurface. The group tried to help him, but couldn’t get him out of the water.
Authorities say the water is extremely cold and it may have contributed to his death.
“That’s what is so deceiving about these ponds right now – the top can be warm, and you go down just a little ways and you’re back into that liquid ice again. And it’s shocking to the system,” said Davis County Sheriff Todd Richardson.
Dive teams from Salt Lake City and Davis County recovered his body just before midnight.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date