Utah Senator Mike Lee says he has not seen health care bill
Video of Senator Mike Lee discussing health care bill:
WASHINGTON DC — We could get our first look at the Senate’s plan to replace the Affordable Care Act soon.
Republican leaders agreeing to release a draft after lawmakers on both sides of the aisle complained they are being kept in the dark. Utah Senator Mike Lee posted this Facebook video last night:
“Even though I’ve been a member of this working group, among Senate Republicans, assigned to help narrow some of the focus of this, I haven’t seen the bill,” he said.
He says that’s frustrating. He says it’s being written by a handful of staffers for republican leadership. Lee says the country needs relief from Obamacare, but the American people ought to be able to see legislation as it moves through Congress.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Northbound I-15 in Juab County closed for a time Wednesday night
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices