Utah Senator Mike Lee says he has not seen health care bill
Video of Senator Mike Lee discussing health care bill:
WASHINGTON DC — We could get our first look at the Senate’s plan to replace the Affordable Care Act soon.
Republican leaders agreeing to release a draft after lawmakers on both sides of the aisle complained they are being kept in the dark. Utah Senator Mike Lee posted this Facebook video last night:
“Even though I’ve been a member of this working group, among Senate Republicans, assigned to help narrow some of the focus of this, I haven’t seen the bill,” he said.
He says that’s frustrating. He says it’s being written by a handful of staffers for republican leadership. Lee says the country needs relief from Obamacare, but the American people ought to be able to see legislation as it moves through Congress.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Provo’s Freedom Parade will allow LGBTQ groups to participate
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash
- Man arrested after disarming police officer, firing the gun
- More emergency supplies are going from Utah to Florida
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Police search for woman accused of stabbing neighbor
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…