Deputies warn of possible paving scam targeting elderly
BOX ELDER COUNTY — County deputies are trying to track down a family they say may be targeting the elderly in a cement paving scam.
“They want to seal coat the driveway, or whatever, and it seems like they are hitting up the elderly population,” said Chief Deputy Dale Ward. “There’s a possibility they are charging too much money for doing this. They are also working outside the parameters of any business licenses.”
Ward said they want to catch up with the family and ask them a few questions.
“It is operating under the name of International Seal Coating and Paving. The main spokesperson for the company identifies himself as Jim Costello,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
They ask anyone approached by the family to call the Sheriff’s office immediately.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse