Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
WASHINGTON DC – Utah’s two senators differ on the GOP Healthcare plan.
Senator Orrin Hatch is getting praised for his work on the bill, but Senator Mike Lee intended to vote against allowing the Senate plan to even be considered.
Senator Hatch says the bill assures that Utahns get a fair shake, and he says significant legislation requires compromise.
But Senator Lee says he’s happy the vote was postponed. He says the bill didn’t go far enough for the middle class.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map