Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
WASHINGTON DC – Utah’s two senators differ on the GOP Healthcare plan.
Senator Orrin Hatch is getting praised for his work on the bill, but Senator Mike Lee intended to vote against allowing the Senate plan to even be considered.
Senator Hatch says the bill assures that Utahns get a fair shake, and he says significant legislation requires compromise.
But Senator Lee says he’s happy the vote was postponed. He says the bill didn’t go far enough for the middle class.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral