Summer Fridays? Might as well skip them
Your office may be a little emptier. It’s a Friday, in summer, right before the Fourth of July.
And some employers are OK with people skipping out early.
A growing number of employers are letting their folks take off early on Fridays over the summer, or even skip the whole day.
A Gartner Survey shows 42 percent of companies now say that’s ok to do, up from 22 percent a couple years ago. It makes the boss look nice without having to give raises or bonuses. It can help with burnout and boost morale.
Another survey found 39 percent of workers are looking for flexibility over the summer…with 30 percent wanting the ability to leave early on Fridays.
Read more about it here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio