Summer Fridays? Might as well skip them
Your office may be a little emptier. It’s a Friday, in summer, right before the Fourth of July.
And some employers are OK with people skipping out early.
A growing number of employers are letting their folks take off early on Fridays over the summer, or even skip the whole day.
A Gartner Survey shows 42 percent of companies now say that’s ok to do, up from 22 percent a couple years ago. It makes the boss look nice without having to give raises or bonuses. It can help with burnout and boost morale.
Another survey found 39 percent of workers are looking for flexibility over the summer…with 30 percent wanting the ability to leave early on Fridays.
Read more about it here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship