Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz meet on Monday
SAN DIEGO — The Utah Jazz owners, managers, coaches and more are traveling to San Diego Monday to meet with the Haywards and make their free-agency pitch.
The Haywards have a second home in San Diego, and Vivint Arena and the Jazz practice facility are under construction.
The Heat and the Celtics both did their best to lure Gordon Hayward away over the weekend.
Deseret News Jazz beat writer Jody Genessy says the Jazz will make a case for family, loyalty, and building a legacy. You can hear his live interview on KSL Newsradio by clicking play above.
The Jazz also just signed Ricky Rubio and re-signed Joe Ingles to a big contract, which may sway Hayward into staying.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse