Despite fan’s pleas, Gordon Hayward announces he is signing on with the Boston Celtics
SALT LAKE CITY — The Jazz’s All-star small forward took to twitter today to make the announcement.
“This has been the toughest decision that I’ve ever had to make in my life. This weekend has probably been the longest weekend of my life. And today … well, today has definitely been one of the craziest days of my life,” Gordon Hayword wrote in a Player’s Tribune article he sent to audiences with his personal twitter account.
He had some kind words for Utah, and thanked players and staff within the Jazz team. Hayward also made it clear in the article that he wanted to tell fans the right way, and was frustrated when news leaked before he was ready. That leak created an uproar on social media in both Utah and Boston, making some fans even more angry when Hayward explained he hadn’t made a decision then published an article with his announcement just hours later.
KSL.com’s Jazz beat writer Andy Larsen joined KSL Newsradio to discuss the decision, the fallout, and fans’ frustration over such a prolonged decision.
Read more at: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44887098&nid=304
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement