Sen Lee says he can’t support health bill, killing it for now
WASHINGTON DC — Utah Senator Mike Lee said he could not support the Senate GOP’s health care plan along with Kansas Senator Jerry Moran. Add that to Senators Rand Paul and Susan Collins and it does not get enough support.
Lee says the current bill did not go far enough to help middle-class families.
He tweeted that the American people and President Trump deserve a real repeal bill, and he says he will keep fighting until he gets one.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility