Police: Utah County couple gave newborn baby drugs
UTAH COUNTY — A couple from the town of Elk Ridge, Utah faces numerous charges after investigators say drugs put their children in danger.
Utah County Sheriff Sgt Spencer Cannon says in April, the couple gave their newborn baby the drug Suboxin in the hospital right after her birth, because she was born addicted to heroin.
“They crush up certain types of drugs, and apply them to the gums of the newborn child in an effort to mask the symptoms,” he said.
Cannon says they found this out after the dad was shoplifting at the Spanish Fork Walmart and dropped the baby several times as he ran from police. A welfare check at the home also found drugs around children’s items.
The entire report from police is available here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber