Four killed in plane crash near Ogden
WEBER COUNTY – Four people are dead after a small plane crash, which completely shut down all traffic on northbound I-15. No other vehicles were hit, and no one else was injured.
Witnesses like Randy Poulsen say the plane was flying extremely low after taking off from the Ogden-Hinckley Airport. Poulsen says he could hear the plane close to him, then saw it overhead near Riverdale Road. He says, “From the time it got over just above the freeway, it went vertical, straight down. It was about 300 to 400 feet in the air… straight down.”
Investigators say the plane came down at roughly 1 p.m. Utah Highway Patrol Sergeant Todd Royce says, “It hit the right-hand emergency lane, slid across all three lanes of travel, ended up in the median and caught fire almost immediately on impact.”
On board were Layne and Diana Clarke from Taylor, Utah, and Perry and Sarah Huffaker from West Haven. People who knew the couples on board have been coming to a business complex that overlooks the crash site to get a first-hand look. One person who knew Perry Huffaker says he had an outgoing and bubbly personality.
The UHP will take pictures of the crash site, then will clear the debris, but, eventually the FAA and the NTSB will take over. Royce says, “We’re the ‘on scene’ investigators, but, they will be the actual investigators of the crash and why it crashed.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…