Some Macey’s grocery stores to open on Sundays
A Utah grocery store is planning to open its doors on Sundays for the first time. Certain Macey’s stores will add Sunday hours later this month.
For 70 years, Macey’s has not been open on Sundays, and even prided itself on that. But now Macey’s will soon be open every day at five of its grocery stores.
A spokesman says that’s what the people want.
So, at the end of August, the Macey’s in Sandy, Tooele, South Jordan, Ogden and Clinton will be open on Sundays. Those are the ones that see the greatest demand.
Some employees are not happy about it. The company says they will get extra pay for working on Sundays and no employee will be forced to do it.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success