Some Macey’s grocery stores to open on Sundays
A Utah grocery store is planning to open its doors on Sundays for the first time. Certain Macey’s stores will add Sunday hours later this month.
For 70 years, Macey’s has not been open on Sundays, and even prided itself on that. But now Macey’s will soon be open every day at five of its grocery stores.
A spokesman says that’s what the people want.
So, at the end of August, the Macey’s in Sandy, Tooele, South Jordan, Ogden and Clinton will be open on Sundays. Those are the ones that see the greatest demand.
Some employees are not happy about it. The company says they will get extra pay for working on Sundays and no employee will be forced to do it.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman