Body of kayaker found at Deer Creek Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY — Crews have found the body a man whose kayak flipped at Deer Creek Reservoir on Saturday.
Sgt. Drew Patterson with Utah State Parks says the man was kayaking with a female companion when the kayak overturned.
“Going down, they only had one life jacket between the two of them and the kayak tipped over,” Patterson said. “He went under pretty fast, according to the female.”
His companion was unhurt and was able to call for help.
In addition to state parks officials, Wasatch County rescuers and the Utah Highway Patrol Dive Team assisted with the search. The man was identified as 32-years-old, but his name was not immediately available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport