WASATCH COUNTY — Crews have found the body a man whose kayak flipped at Deer Creek Reservoir on Saturday.
Sgt. Drew Patterson with Utah State Parks says the man was kayaking with a female companion when the kayak overturned.
“Going down, they only had one life jacket between the two of them and the kayak tipped over,” Patterson said. “He went under pretty fast, according to the female.”
His companion was unhurt and was able to call for help.
In addition to state parks officials, Wasatch County rescuers and the Utah Highway Patrol Dive Team assisted with the search. The man was identified as 32-years-old, but his name was not immediately available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- The FBI-led search for Gabby Petito’s fiance is scaling back but becoming more…
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Minersville male shot and killed over “self defense” says Sheriff
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered