Man dead after SWAT standoff in Millcreek
MILLCREEK – A man is dead after a standoff with SWAT officers that lasted several hours.
Police were called to the home on 3368 Crestwood Drive at around 3:30 a.m. by a woman who claimed her husband had attacked her. “She says she was assaulted by her husband and that he produced a weapon and threatened her with it, also,” according to Unified Police Lieutenant Brian Lohrke.
The man has been identified as 58 year-old Randy Davis. Lohrke says his wife was able to get out of the house with just a black eye. The SWAT officers arrived at nearly 7:30 after Lohrke says, “He had made some suicidal and some homicidal threats, also. He was making some threats to the immediate public, here. That’s why we stayed on scene. We didn’t feel it was safe for us to leave, at that point.”
Just a few minutes before the eclipse was in totality, roughly 11:20, officers heard what they believe was a muffled gun shot. Crews sent in a robot to clear the scene, and that’s when they made the grisly discovery. “They found the 58 year-old male with a gunshot wound in the master bedroom. It appeared to be self-inflicted,” Lohrke says.
Before Davis reportedly took his own life, crews used bullhorns and other methods to speak with him, but, Lohrke says those methods of communication broke down. “It’s a sad situation. Not the ending that we wanted. We attempted communications with this man for as long as we could.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- How to keep the smoke from getting in your house
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered…