Body found in Millcreek river may belong to missing Murray man
Millcreek — Trax crews spotted the body around 10:30 AM near 145 West and Central Avenue this morning.
Unified Police Lt. Brian Lorhke said they called in a search and rescue crew to pull it out of the river.
“The body was tangled up in some reeds and brush.” Lorhke said.
Family of missing man, Nick Kapos, confirmed they’d been told the body belonged to him. They have begun preparations for the 82 year old’s funeral.
Lorhke said the body was in bad shape and Unfiied Police have decided to wait for official confirmation from the autopsy before they make their own idenfication.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man