Family searches for men who saved a life on Pineview Reservoir
PINEVIEW RESERVOIR — A Utah family is searching for two men who stepped in to save a life over Labor Day weekend. They want to say thanks.
Jordan and Johnie Medeiros were walking on the shorline when Johnie says her daughter suddenly collapsed and started seizing.
“I didn’t know what to do!” Johnie Medeiros explained as she said she watched her daughter’s skin turn blue and worried the waves would suffocate her.
That’s when two men jumped into action, helping Medeiros pull her daughter on to the beach and then giving CPR until emergency crews arrived.
“I don’t think they realize what they did for me and my family,” Jordan Medeiros said.
Several doctor visits later, and the Medeiros families said they think Jordan has a rare heart condition that usually kills before it’s discovered. Jordan said she’s convinced she’s still alive now because of the two strangers who stepped in when she needed them most.
Now the family is trying to find those men and tell them thanks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Hill Air Force Base’s Air and Space show bringing STEM to kids
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case