New safety and sexual assault awareness website at the U of U
The University of Utah has launched a new website completely dedicated to safety on campus.
Safeu.utah.edu brings together everything in one spot about how to report sexual assault or get help for yourself or someone else or even sign up for bystander intervention training.
“It directly takes you to information that says if you are in immediate and immediate danger, here’s what you do. How do I report something, how do I get information on something,” said Barb Snyder, vice president for student affairs.
It stems from a university-wide effort that came out of a report of a rape on Halloween almost one year ago.
Snyder co-chaired the task force.
“Colleges and universities can become targets for individuals who want to bring harm to others. We know we have to be extremely diligent,” she said.
A sexual assault response page, part of the main safety website, also can be found at sexualassault.utah.edu.
The SafeU website will be accessible on the menu bar at the top of the U’s main homepage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc