Bountiful therapist accused of sexually assaulting teen in Utah County residential facility
UTAH COUNTY – A Bountiful therapist is facing one count of rape and nearly a dozen other charges after investigators say he sexually abused a teen under his care between March and June of this year.
Investigators were told about the alleged abuse after the 16-year old victim reportedly told her therapist that her previous counselor, Jason Calder, had abused her while she was staying at a juvenile residential facility. Utah County Sheriff’s Sergeant Spencer Cannon says, “There were at least 12 different incidents of where various acts of abuse occurred.”
Police executed a search warrant on Calder’s home and reportedly found evidence that may back up the victim’s statement. Cannon says since he had access to other teens at the facility, they’re concerned there might be more potential victims. “We don’t have any evidence of that at this point, but, we’re always concerned about that.”
Calder is facing one count of rape, ten counts of forcible sodomy and one count of forcible sexual abuse. Cannon adds, “There certainly will be aggravating circumstances to the case as it goes through the court process because of his position of special trust.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- Drive-in movie theaters could be here to stay!
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Jewish leaders praise Entrata for building bridges after company founder sends anti-Semitic email
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties