LAS VEGAS — Police say at least 50 people are dead and more than 400 have been taken to area hospitals after a shooting at a country concert in Nevada.
Authorities identified the gunman as Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite. They say he took his own life before they entered his hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo tells reporters officers are entering Paddock’s home now to execute a search warrant. They hope to find clues to a motive along with more information about Paddock himself, who has no known ties to terrorist groups.
This story is developing and will be updated throughout the day.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Minersville male shot and killed over “self defense” says Sheriff
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- The FBI-led search for Gabby Petito’s fiance is scaling back but becoming more…