POLITICS + GOVERNMENT
Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
MOSCOW– Former Utah governor and now US Ambassador Jon Huntsman Jr is officially on the job in Russia.
He shook hands with Vladamir Putin Tuesday morning in a ceremony at the Kremlin.
WATCH: New US Amb. to Russia Jon Huntsman formally presents his credentials to Pres. Putin at the Kremlin on Tuesday – @NBCNews pic.twitter.com/gwQdXcczrm
— NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) October 3, 2017
The embassy said he was officially introduced as the ambassador and he introduced his diplomatic credentials.
Putin followed with a short speech.
The Huntsmans arrived at the embassy on Monday, and both the embassy and the Russian news agency, TASS, posted stories about the ambassador’s arrival and meeting with Putin.
Huntsman’s latest posting comes amid multiple investigations into Russia’s relationship with the US.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah