Cake postpones SLC, Vegas concerts because of shootings
Another band has decided not to play in Las Vegas this week because of the shootings, and Salt Lake was a stop along the way.
Cake was scheduled to perform at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Thursday night, after playing the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City Wednesday night.
Instead the band announced it was postponing both events until February. Those who had tickets for the Salt Lake City October 4th concert can use them on February 16th at the Eccles theater, but those who cannot make that date have to make a refund request by October 27th.
Several artists have postponed their concerts this week because of the shootings, including Jason Aldean, Jenifer Lopez and Brad Paisley.
Read more from the press release here.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?