Cake postpones SLC, Vegas concerts because of shootings
Another band has decided not to play in Las Vegas this week because of the shootings, and Salt Lake was a stop along the way.
Cake was scheduled to perform at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas Thursday night, after playing the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City Wednesday night.
Instead the band announced it was postponing both events until February. Those who had tickets for the Salt Lake City October 4th concert can use them on February 16th at the Eccles theater, but those who cannot make that date have to make a refund request by October 27th.
Several artists have postponed their concerts this week because of the shootings, including Jason Aldean, Jenifer Lopez and Brad Paisley.
Read more from the press release here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deputies say evidence pointing to homicide likely in case of Dylan Rounds
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Breaking: 5-year-old child in critical condition after being hit by truck
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- Moab plans to investigate police interaction with Gabby Petito, fiancé
- Two men accused of stealing dying piglets from Utah farm face charges
- University of Utah researchers unveil Utah Bionic Leg