What is causing the rise in hate crimes in the U.S.?Across the United States there has been a sharp increase in hate crimes against minorities, Jews, homosexuals and more. How is this happening in our country? Jay Jacobson is the Chair of the Antisemitism and Community Relations Task Force of the United Jewish Federation of Utah. He joins guest host Doug Wright to discuss the issue and what can be done by people here in Utah to reverse the trend. Then Representative Patrice Arent joins Doug to discuss the Voices Against Hate event at the Jewish Community Center.
Published: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 | Runtime: 20:02
Today’s Top Stories
- BREAKING: Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- The woman who almost played for the Jazz has died
- BYU and partners offer COVID-19 testing for symptomatic individuals
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- Sen. President Adams says he’s safe to return to work after positive COVID test
- Which Utah schools are remote and which schools are in person?
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?