Former US Representative, Illinois
- Conservative talk show host
- Former congressman, US House 2011-2013
- Born Dec. 27, 1961, North Barrington, Illinois, U.S.
- Graduated University of Chicago, 1991
Walsh on impeachment:
“This is a strong term I’m going to use, but I’m going to say it on purpose: Donald Trump is a traitor.” Source: CNN’s “State of the Union,” https://www.facebook.com/cnnpolitics/posts/this-is-a-strong-term-im-going-to-use-but-im-going-to-say-it-on-purpose-donald-t/3374844239224052/
As a congressman, Walsh voted to repeal Obamacare but later spoke out against Republicans trying to annul the Affordable Care Act without a replacement.
After flipping, he now accepts same-sex marriage as the law of the land.
He also said “anybody who can qualify to serve in the military — gay, straight or transgender — should be able to serve.”
Walsh opposes abortion without exception.
He would not accept government health-care services as a congressman because of his opposition to government-sponsored healthcare.
“We cannot, as a nation, afford to pay for, in essence, government-run health care for everybody.”
Walsh called for universal background checks at Business Insider’s GOP debate in September.
He said he opposes the death penalty in tweet 05/17/19.
Pranked by comic.*
Walsh supports arming school employees to prevent school shootings and ending gun-free zones in schools and military bases.
* Walsh said that comedian Sacha Baron Cohen persuaded him to read a teleprompter script that encouraged child firearm training by posing as a fake Israeli terrorism expert.
Walsh worked for the libertarian Heartland Institute, which works to undermine the scientific consensus on climate change.
He acknowledges climate change is real and that Republicans need to take it seriously.* But he hailed an end to funding for climate change research.
Immigration/child-parent separation, detention and border wall
As president, he said he would end President Trump’s policy of separating children from parents at the southern border.
As president, he would get tougher on illegal entry into the US but devote more resources to asylum cases.
Walsh supports building President Trump’s border wall.*
Education/student debt/free tuition
His campaign website says Walsh has advocated for “market-based solutions to education reform and urban poverty.”
Former congressman supports bringing U.S. troops home from Afghanistan and would set strict terms for negotiating with North Korea and Iran.
He blasted President Trump’s now-canceled plan to bring Taliban leaders to Camp David. *
*“I have no problem with negotiating some sort of deal to make sure that Americans come home, but you do not, you do not ever, ever allow anybody in the Taliban on American soil,” he said.
Walsh supports reducing military intervention in Middle East conflicts.
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 3069)
- Church releases updated handbook; section addressing transgender individuals (pageviews: 2736)
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony (pageviews: 2468)
- Some Oregon residents petition to join "Greater Idaho" (pageviews: 1671)
- This violinist played her instrument as surgeons removed a brain tumor (pageviews: 1574)
- Contests (pageviews: 1382)
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 1281)