Cleon Wall is producer and reporter for KSL NewRradio and is currently one of the co-hosts on Cougar Sports Saturday from 3-6 pm. He is also the studio control coordinator for BYU football and basketball games.
Cleon lived in several states growing up, served an LDS Church mission to England and graduated from Ricks College and BYU in Broadcast Journalism. After graduation he worked for a short time at the NBC affiliate in Las Vegas before moving to Texas to become the morning show producer at KWES TV in Midland. He not only produced and edited the morning news program but also produced and anchored a sports segment. During his free time, he would shoot video of the very competitive Lone Star State high school football games. He was sort of a big deal to the people in west Texas.
After two years in Texas, Cleon moved back to Utah and started working at KSL NewsRadio in August of 2001. He started off as the sports producer for Sports Final before moving into the news department full time in 2004. He’s covered breaking news, politics, sports and several other interesting topics. He was recently given the opportunity to be a co-host on the new weekend program Cougar Sports Saturday where he opines his opinion about BYU, the Utah Jazz and other sports topics.
In his free time, Cleon likes hanging out with his wife and two children. He loves to golf and play basketball and avidly follows the Cougars, Los Angeles Dodgers, St. Louis Rams and Utah Jazz.
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)