Dave Noriega jumped into the media fray in 2001 as a news editor and photographer at ABC 4 News in Salt Lake City. He covered such memorable and heartbreaking stories as 9/11, the abduction and return of Elizabeth Smart, and the murder of Lori Hacking. After years of working in news, Dave chased his dream of working at KSL in the sports department.
For the next 12 years, Dave lived the sports life. He traveled across the world covering: The 2012 London Olympics, two Super Bowls, the Utah Utes’ run at the Fiesta and Sugar Bowls, and countless BYU, Jazz, and high school games. Dave’s most viral internet moment was when he was shooting video at the BYU-Mississippi St. game, one late Saturday night, when he got bulldozed in the end zone by Dayan Lake.
Big Tree, Fall Hard.
— Dave Noriega (@davenoriega) April 11, 2018
Despite the concussion, Dave’s brain continued to “workish” and worked with the KSL NewsRadio team as a co-host of Cougar Sports Saturday with Alex Kirry for six years; traveling the country covering BYU football and basketball, he now has the honor to step-in for the legendary Doug Wright as Doug moves into semi-retirement. Dave and Dujanovic airs Monday – Thursdays from 9-11 a.m.
Dave met the love of his life, Sharlena, while dating her roommate—it’s all good, because she dated Dave’s roommate. They have four wonderful children and spend their free time doing sporty, churchy, and educationy stuff.
To contact Dave, email email@example.com.
- Monolith may be gone from Utah desert, but not from Romania – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 84510)
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 23721)
- Utah metal 'monolith' that garnered national attention reported missing (pageviews: 11274)
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10242)
- Monolith may be gone from Utah desert, but not from Romania (pageviews: 6198)
- Utahns describe COVID-19 vaccines symptoms, feel confident it's safe (pageviews: 1527)
- 2,043 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Utah; 14 additional deaths – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1445)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert (pageviews: 1052)