Born and raised in Utah, Kira ditched the Beehive State for a stint in the Pacific Northwest. She is a graduate of the University of Oregon School of Journalism and communication. While there, Kira worked at the Daily Emerald and KLCC. She has also worked as the engagement editor for the Park Record. Kira first came to KSL as an intern and returned in 2016 as a producer and anchor. She has excelled in her short time, taking the reins of the afternoon news as its Executive Producer. In this role, Kira oversees news and storytelling for one of the biggest listening times at KSL.
You’ll like always find Kira with a cup of coffee, a good book, her camera and a notebook in hand. She enjoys exploring the state she grew up in, and adventuring to new places she’s never been before. Connect with her on Instagram and Twitter.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings