Born and raised in Utah, Kira ditched the Beehive State for a stint in the Pacific Northwest. She is a graduate of the University of Oregon School of Journalism and communication. While there, Kira worked at the Daily Emerald and KLCC. She has also worked as the engagement editor for the Park Record. Kira first came to KSL as an intern and returned in 2016 as a producer and anchor. She has excelled in her short time, taking the reins of the afternoon news as its Executive Producer. In this role, Kira oversees news and storytelling for one of the biggest listening times at KSL.
You’ll like always find Kira with a cup of coffee, a good book, her camera and a notebook in hand. She enjoys exploring the state she grew up in, and adventuring to new places she’s never been before. Connect with her on Instagram and Twitter.
- Utah's number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8 (pageviews: 3800)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3191)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 2806)
- President Nelson calls on Latter-day Saints for "solemn assembly" (pageviews: 2368)
- Utah officials report first COVID-19 diagnosis at long-term care facility (pageviews: 2349)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 1989)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1581)
- Salt Lake City and County mayors call for statewide shutdown (pageviews: 1083)