Don’t hassle the Hoff.
Kira Hoffelmeyer, born and raised in Utah, dreamed of rain and evergreens. But her time at the University of Oregon, the Daily Emerald, and KLCC News weren’t enough to keep her away from the Wasatch Mountains and Southern Utah red rocks. But not before earning the nickname “Hoff”, despite her “sometimes laughy, bubbly” reputation.
Kira returned to Utah in 2016, working as a part-time anchor, reporter, and producer at KSL Newsradio, and took on a role with the Park Record, as its first digital engagement editor.
She has been back at KSL full-time since 2018, taking the reins of Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News as its youngest ever Executive Producer. Now, Kira leads the station’s digital-first efforts, alongside managing the daily newsroom, as the Assistant News Director.
You’ll always find this Murrow-winning, pint-sized firecracker with a cup of coffee, a good book, camera, and a notebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley City shooting leaves child in critical condition
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Springville shooting: Suspect identified, teenage girl on life support, police say
- Two teens dead in North Ogden crash after police pursuit
- UPDATE: Provo Police file charges against a man who allegedly threatened a school
- Suspect in death of Pleasant Grove woman identified as her biological son
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- One person dead in reported murder-suicide in Springville, Utah
- Utah homes at risk of having dangerous levels of radon gas
- Man injured after falling off house roof in Sandy