Don’t hassle the Hoff.
Kira Hoffelmeyer, born and raised in Utah, dreamed of rain and evergreens. But her time at the University of Oregon, the Daily Emerald, and KLCC News weren’t enough to keep her away from the Wasatch Mountains and Southern Utah red rocks. But not before earning the nickname “Hoff”, despite her “sometimes laughy, bubbly” reputation.
Kira returned to Utah in 2016, working as a part-time anchor, reporter, and producer at KSL Newsradio, and took on a role with the Park Record, as its first digital engagement editor.
She has been back at KSL full-time since 2018, taking the reins of Jeff Caplan’s Afternoon News as its youngest ever Executive Producer. Now, Kira leads the station’s digital-first efforts, alongside managing the daily newsroom, as the Assistant News Director.
You’ll always find this Murrow-winning, pint-sized firecracker with a cup of coffee, a good book, camera, and a notebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process